Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wandering the plains...

In a previous post, I wrote that I believed that she held a key which could unlock a state of permanent bliss, a key forever beyond my reach.

Musing about this since, I have come to the conclusion that's not an authentic statement of what I believe - it's too absolute, too universal, too eternal.

I do believe that she could unlock a state of temporary bliss. I know that. She did it before and she could, at least in principle, do it again. But it wouldn't be a permanent state.

I've come down from that high once. One descent was definitely enough. I am still in awe of that mountain, but I won't be climbing it again.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Local Malcontent said...

Hi, Jon. Local Malcontent here.
I just wanted to wish you 'best outcome', on the upcoming elections, there in Australia.
Go Git Em!

As I once told you, I DO have an unexplainable fascination with your country, and indeed with you. As you once asked me, 'Why?' Knowing our personal different political backgrounds.

Kismet. What will be, will be.

Still, I come to say Best of Luck, of Vote, to you and your party next week, Jon. I respect your opinion on these matters, of women we've lost, and we still love, and so too, this.
I keep track of your blog everyday, friend, because you were once kind to me, telling me about Sydney. That Photograph you posted. And despite any superficial differences about politics, I wish for you the best.
Warmest regards,
The LMC, Oklahoma, USA

19 November 2007 at 12:47  
Blogger Jon Seymour said...

Thanks for your good wishes, LMC.

jon.

20 November 2007 at 00:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home